Homewood man shot, killed in Larimer
Police are looking for clues into the fatal shootings of two brothers that occurred three weeks apart, and they're trying to determine if the slayings are connected.
Officers responding to reports of shots fired early Saturday found Brian Wright, 26, on the ground and unresponsive at the intersection of Tangent Way and Enterprise Street in Larimier, according to city police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki.
The shooting occurred at about 2:37 a.m., police said.
Wright, who lived in Homewood, was shot in the chest and died at the scene. No arrests had been made as of Saturday evening, and police have not determined a motive.
Wright's brother, Maurice Bruce, 32, of Munhall died Feb. 4 in a Homewood parking lot at Hamilton Avenue and Sterrett Street after leaving a local bar. Police said he had been lying there for several hours before his body was discovered. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said that Bruce suffered gunshot wounds to the head, trunk and extremities.
Police said there have been no arrests in that case.
Attempts to reach the brothers' relatives were not successful on Saturday.
Anyone with information on either one of these shootings is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- McKeesport OKs taking vacant homes via eminent domain
- Duquesne teachers, district reach tentative agreement
- C-SPAN bus brings lessons to McKeesport Area students
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Harrison man to stand trial, accused of raping 15-year-old girl
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’