Homewood man shot, killed in Larimer
Police are looking for clues into the fatal shootings of two brothers that occurred three weeks apart, and they're trying to determine if the slayings are connected.
Officers responding to reports of shots fired early Saturday found Brian Wright, 26, on the ground and unresponsive at the intersection of Tangent Way and Enterprise Street in Larimier, according to city police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki.
The shooting occurred at about 2:37 a.m., police said.
Wright, who lived in Homewood, was shot in the chest and died at the scene. No arrests had been made as of Saturday evening, and police have not determined a motive.
Wright's brother, Maurice Bruce, 32, of Munhall died Feb. 4 in a Homewood parking lot at Hamilton Avenue and Sterrett Street after leaving a local bar. Police said he had been lying there for several hours before his body was discovered. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said that Bruce suffered gunshot wounds to the head, trunk and extremities.
Police said there have been no arrests in that case.
Attempts to reach the brothers' relatives were not successful on Saturday.
Anyone with information on either one of these shootings is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pennsylvania human services agency gets new name
- PennDOT says opening of HOV lanes delayed because of power outage
- Domestic dispute at gas station leads to lockdown at Arsenal Middle School
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says