Homewood man shot, killed in Larimer
Police are looking for clues into the fatal shootings of two brothers that occurred three weeks apart, and they're trying to determine if the slayings are connected.
Officers responding to reports of shots fired early Saturday found Brian Wright, 26, on the ground and unresponsive at the intersection of Tangent Way and Enterprise Street in Larimier, according to city police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki.
The shooting occurred at about 2:37 a.m., police said.
Wright, who lived in Homewood, was shot in the chest and died at the scene. No arrests had been made as of Saturday evening, and police have not determined a motive.
Wright's brother, Maurice Bruce, 32, of Munhall died Feb. 4 in a Homewood parking lot at Hamilton Avenue and Sterrett Street after leaving a local bar. Police said he had been lying there for several hours before his body was discovered. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said that Bruce suffered gunshot wounds to the head, trunk and extremities.
Police said there have been no arrests in that case.
Attempts to reach the brothers' relatives were not successful on Saturday.
Anyone with information on either one of these shootings is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- WikiLeaks says U.S. spied on another ally: Japan
- Man attempts to take firearm onto plane in Pittsburgh; tenth attempt this year
- Lawrence power plant being converted to gas from coal
- Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estate
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- McKeesport tattoo artist will stand trial for allegedly beating man to death
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds