Homewood man shot, killed in Larimer
By Rick Wills
Published: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:24 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 25, 2013
Police are looking for clues into the fatal shootings of two brothers that occurred three weeks apart, and they're trying to determine if the slayings are connected.
Officers responding to reports of shots fired early Saturday found Brian Wright, 26, on the ground and unresponsive at the intersection of Tangent Way and Enterprise Street in Larimier, according to city police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki.
The shooting occurred at about 2:37 a.m., police said.
Wright, who lived in Homewood, was shot in the chest and died at the scene. No arrests had been made as of Saturday evening, and police have not determined a motive.
Wright's brother, Maurice Bruce, 32, of Munhall died Feb. 4 in a Homewood parking lot at Hamilton Avenue and Sterrett Street after leaving a local bar. Police said he had been lying there for several hours before his body was discovered. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said that Bruce suffered gunshot wounds to the head, trunk and extremities.
Police said there have been no arrests in that case.
Attempts to reach the brothers' relatives were not successful on Saturday.
Anyone with information on either one of these shootings is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- WPIAL softball postseason newcomers making inroads
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Daily News roundup: Clancy’s wins DNL opener
- MPIAA holds annual 100-inning softball game
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Women take action to improve Kinloch park
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Deer Lakes School District may raise meal prices
- Buffalo Township celebrates Unity in the Community
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.