Mistaken identity blamed in Garfield shooting death
A 25-year-old Penn Hills man was fatally shot on Sunday in Garfield in what police said was an apparent case of mistaken identity.
Police said the victim, identified as Andre Broadie, was shot once in the head shortly after 5 p.m. while inside a house in the 5100 block of Columbo Street, where the suspect was living with his girlfriend. Broadie was pronounced dead upon medics' arrival, said Pittsburgh Police Sgt. Tom Huerbin.
The two men knew each other, and the suspect was distraught when police took him to headquarters for questioning, Huerbin said. Police could not say for certain whether the suspect thought Broadie was an intruder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Chick’s Bar in McKeesport catches fire
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Firefighter hurt in 3-alarm fire at Jefferson Hills restaurant
- None hurt in Duquesne house fire
- Singer Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Consol Energy files for IPO of coal spin-off
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset