Trial postponed for man accused of killing armored-car partner
By The The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, 10:57 a.m.
The murder trial of Ken Konias Jr., the Dravosburg man accused of killing his armored-car partner and fleeing to Florida with $2.3 million, has been rescheduled for Sept. 3.
Jury selection had been scheduled to begin Monday before Common Pleas Judge David R. Cashman.
Attorneys blamed the delay on a parallel investigation by the FBI that made evidence unavailable to state prosecutors.
The Allegheny County District Attorney's Office charged Konias, 23, with homicide, robbery and theft. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty.
Konias is accused of shooting his partner Michael Haines, 31, inside a Garda Cash Logistics truck on Feb. 28, 2012. Konias ditched the truck under the 31st Street Bridge and fled to Pompano Beach, Fla., where FBI agents and police officers arrested him on April 23. Police recovered a portion of the money. He remains in the Allegheny County Jail without bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Peduto says Penguins playoff series will be economic boon
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- ‘We’re so proud’ Obama says of job training students at CCAC West Hills Center
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Beaver Co. man indicted on federal sex crime
- Breaking down Thursday’s Pirates-Brewers game