Former Allegheny County Jail guard scheduled to plead guilty for prisoner assault
A former Allegheny County Jail guard is scheduled to plead guilty in federal court on March 4, according to a judge's order entered Monday.
A federal grand jury in February 2011 indicted Arii Metz, 34, of the North Side with depriving David Kipp, 26 of Polish Hill of his civil rights by assaulting him while Kipp was being held at the jail on Oct. 13, 2010.
Judge Nora Barry Fischer's order setting the plea hearing doesn't say if Metz will plead guilty to that charge of if he's reached an agreement with the government to plead to some other charge.
The U.S. Attorney's Office declined comment. Metz's lawyer, James Wymard, couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair accused of stealing bronze vases at Greenwood Memorial Park
- Musical fundraiser carries across generations
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- NK grocery store robbed
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Roundup: Housing numbers reflect broad slowdown; U.S. consumer confidence slides in September; more
- Stop nets 3 men on gun, drug charges in New Kensington
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Venezuela’s Maduro says airlines wage ‘economic war’
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs