Former Allegheny County Jail guard scheduled to plead guilty for prisoner assault
A former Allegheny County Jail guard is scheduled to plead guilty in federal court on March 4, according to a judge's order entered Monday.
A federal grand jury in February 2011 indicted Arii Metz, 34, of the North Side with depriving David Kipp, 26 of Polish Hill of his civil rights by assaulting him while Kipp was being held at the jail on Oct. 13, 2010.
Judge Nora Barry Fischer's order setting the plea hearing doesn't say if Metz will plead guilty to that charge of if he's reached an agreement with the government to plead to some other charge.
The U.S. Attorney's Office declined comment. Metz's lawyer, James Wymard, couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Waynesburg HS grad Rachel Rohanna wins Symetra Tour event
- Man fatally stabbed in Braddock Hills
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Elites, media & character
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental