Scranton fire chief involved in fatal crash
SCRANTON — State police will help to review a fatal pedestrian accident that involved Scranton's fire chief.
Lackawanna County District Attorney Andy Jarbola says he and acting Police Chief Carl Graziano agreed Monday to ask for an independent set of eyes in the investigation of Friday's crash.
Investigators say Fire Chief Tom Davis was behind the wheel of the pickup truck that hit the woman. Authorities say surveillance footage shows the woman was outside the crosswalk when she stepped into the path of Davis' truck, which had a green arrow.
Scranton Mayor Chris Doherty says Davis was on duty and returning to City Hall at the time. Doherty says Davis was driving his personal truck because his city vehicle was being repaired.
A telephone listing for Davis could not immediately be located.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Thomas Jefferson girls bring hard-nosed play, intangibles to the court
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Penn Hills boy who drowned remains an inspiration to parents