Scranton fire chief involved in fatal crash
By The Associated Press
Published: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 8:36 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 26, 2013
SCRANTON — State police will help to review a fatal pedestrian accident that involved Scranton's fire chief.
Lackawanna County District Attorney Andy Jarbola says he and acting Police Chief Carl Graziano agreed Monday to ask for an independent set of eyes in the investigation of Friday's crash.
Investigators say Fire Chief Tom Davis was behind the wheel of the pickup truck that hit the woman. Authorities say surveillance footage shows the woman was outside the crosswalk when she stepped into the path of Davis' truck, which had a green arrow.
Scranton Mayor Chris Doherty says Davis was on duty and returning to City Hall at the time. Doherty says Davis was driving his personal truck because his city vehicle was being repaired.
A telephone listing for Davis could not immediately be located.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.