Scranton fire chief involved in fatal crash
SCRANTON — State police will help to review a fatal pedestrian accident that involved Scranton's fire chief.
Lackawanna County District Attorney Andy Jarbola says he and acting Police Chief Carl Graziano agreed Monday to ask for an independent set of eyes in the investigation of Friday's crash.
Investigators say Fire Chief Tom Davis was behind the wheel of the pickup truck that hit the woman. Authorities say surveillance footage shows the woman was outside the crosswalk when she stepped into the path of Davis' truck, which had a green arrow.
Scranton Mayor Chris Doherty says Davis was on duty and returning to City Hall at the time. Doherty says Davis was driving his personal truck because his city vehicle was being repaired.
A telephone listing for Davis could not immediately be located.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A season of giving
- Last chance to offer input on changes
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Graham rejects GOP Benghazi report as ‘garbage’