Scranton fire chief involved in fatal crash
SCRANTON — State police will help to review a fatal pedestrian accident that involved Scranton's fire chief.
Lackawanna County District Attorney Andy Jarbola says he and acting Police Chief Carl Graziano agreed Monday to ask for an independent set of eyes in the investigation of Friday's crash.
Investigators say Fire Chief Tom Davis was behind the wheel of the pickup truck that hit the woman. Authorities say surveillance footage shows the woman was outside the crosswalk when she stepped into the path of Davis' truck, which had a green arrow.
Scranton Mayor Chris Doherty says Davis was on duty and returning to City Hall at the time. Doherty says Davis was driving his personal truck because his city vehicle was being repaired.
A telephone listing for Davis could not immediately be located.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway spokesman
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- New Kensington residents furious over road conditions
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth
- 6 PSU, Pitt, WVU players on watch lists for Maxwell, Bednarik awards
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- Living Treasures animal park plans upset Liberty residents
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Fox Chapel’s McCrady to play lacrosse at Brown
- Fire destroys unoccupied Fayette home
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg