Scranton fire chief involved in fatal crash
SCRANTON — State police will help to review a fatal pedestrian accident that involved Scranton's fire chief.
Lackawanna County District Attorney Andy Jarbola says he and acting Police Chief Carl Graziano agreed Monday to ask for an independent set of eyes in the investigation of Friday's crash.
Investigators say Fire Chief Tom Davis was behind the wheel of the pickup truck that hit the woman. Authorities say surveillance footage shows the woman was outside the crosswalk when she stepped into the path of Davis' truck, which had a green arrow.
Scranton Mayor Chris Doherty says Davis was on duty and returning to City Hall at the time. Doherty says Davis was driving his personal truck because his city vehicle was being repaired.
A telephone listing for Davis could not immediately be located.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Groom cited at reception being filmed for reality TV
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs