One person dead in Route 30 crash
Published: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:51 p.m.
Updated: Monday, April 22, 2013
One person was killed and a second was injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle accident in Somerset County.
The crash occurred shortly before 6 p.m. on Route 30, just east of the Route 219 interchange in Jenner Township, according to state police at Somerset.
Coroner Wallace Miller pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
State police said the vehicle carrying the deceased was westbound on Route 30 when it began to skid on the roadway. The vehicle crossed the centerline and collided with an oncoming vehicle, police said.
The second driver was taken to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown for treatment, police said.
Identification of the victims was withheld pending notification of family members.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Powerball officials: 80 percent of number combinations picked
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.