One person dead in Route 30 crash
One person was killed and a second was injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle accident in Somerset County.
The crash occurred shortly before 6 p.m. on Route 30, just east of the Route 219 interchange in Jenner Township, according to state police at Somerset.
Coroner Wallace Miller pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
State police said the vehicle carrying the deceased was westbound on Route 30 when it began to skid on the roadway. The vehicle crossed the centerline and collided with an oncoming vehicle, police said.
The second driver was taken to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown for treatment, police said.
Identification of the victims was withheld pending notification of family members.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Pirates’ Liriano unaffected by poor last outing against Twins
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Pregnant woman killed by gunfire in Brighton Heights, other shootings reported in city
- New Pens winger Fehr ready for defense-first role
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 29, 2015
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- ATI workers retire early to ensure pension