One person dead in Route 30 crash
One person was killed and a second was injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle accident in Somerset County.
The crash occurred shortly before 6 p.m. on Route 30, just east of the Route 219 interchange in Jenner Township, according to state police at Somerset.
Coroner Wallace Miller pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
State police said the vehicle carrying the deceased was westbound on Route 30 when it began to skid on the roadway. The vehicle crossed the centerline and collided with an oncoming vehicle, police said.
The second driver was taken to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown for treatment, police said.
Identification of the victims was withheld pending notification of family members.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Pouncey to file countersuit against nightclub accusers
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Fans head to Jason Aldean concert in droves
- Penn State names Barbour new AD
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- 3 rockets hit Israel as Hamas rejects Gaza truce
- News Alert
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Belle Vernon man faces drug charges