Man shot in leg in Canonsburg
Canonsburg police are investigating a shooting Tuesday night in the borough.
Police received a report of shots fired about 11:10 p.m. on Euclid Avenue, Chief R.T. Bell said. While officers were investigating, they received word of a possible gunshot victim at the Washington Hospital emergency room, Bell said. The victim was taken by medical helicopter to Pittsburgh for treatment, Bell said.
He did not know the victim's condition, but said he believed the man suffered a gunshot wound to the leg.
Police are interviewing people and collecting evidence, Bell said.
“We know very little about this now,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Officer: Munhall driver in fatal crash was going too fast to make turn
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Jefferson-Morgan captures first WPIAL softball title in school history
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Crews rescue worker trapped in Lawrenceville trench collapse
- Chevron settles fatal well fire lawsuit for $5 million
- 9 miles of roads to be paved in Hempfield