Student damages sprinkler at Milliones, prompting early dismissal
Students at Pittsburgh Milliones 6-12 in the Hill District were dismissed at 1:15 p.m. Friday, the district announced.
A student at the school tampered with the sprinkler system causing it to malfunction, spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said.
The district sent a phone message to the homes of all families notifying them of the early dismissal. School staffers are additionally making personal phone calls, Pugh said.
The student will face discipline from the school and possible legal action, she said. District personnel were still assessing damage to the school, but students should be able to return to class on Monday, Pugh said.
More than 700 students attend the school.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Injured DT Render missing from Pitt depth chart
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.
- Derry Township man killed in ATV crash
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Animal welfare groups see opportunities in dialogue about Vick signing