Two Western Pa. postal workers charged with stealing mail
A federal grand jury on Tuesday indicted postal employees in Beaver and Westmoreland counties on charges that they took mail intended for other people.
Christopher L. Demorest, 39, of Greensburg stole one greeting card and $25 on March 29 and two other greeting cards on April 25, prosecutors say.
Shaun G. Westfall, 32, of Baden stole two packages on June 13 that were intended for two other people, prosecutors say.
No attorney was listed in court documents for either man. There was no answer at the number listed for Westfall, and there was no number listed for Demorest.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- ACC notebook: Pitt predicted to finish 6th in Coastal Division
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Pitt hoops team will play in Bahamas
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure