Munhall couple sue West Mifflin, county over mistaken arrest
By Brian Bowling
Published: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 6:03 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 7, 2013
A Munhall couple claim in a lawsuit moved to federal court on Thursday that a West Mifflin police officer injured the husband while mistakenly arresting him during a July 31 drug raid near Alberta Street.
Timothy Rager says that West Mifflin police Officer Gregory McCulloch pulled him from his van and forced him onto the ground, injuring his shoulder. He and his wife, Alicia, originally sued McCulloch, West Mifflin, Allegheny County and the District Attorney's Office in Common Pleas Court.
The county had the case moved to federal court because the Ragers claim the defendants violated their civil rights.
Representatives for the county and district attorney's office declined comment. West Mifflin solicitor Phillip DiLucente said he couldn't discuss the case but said the borough will fight the lawsuit.
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers, 5-2
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- WPIAL athletes fare well in final day of state track
- MLB notebook: Yankees’ Granderson goes on DL again
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of soldier
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Vehicle slams into bakery, no injuries
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.