Munhall couple sue West Mifflin, county over mistaken arrest
A Munhall couple claim in a lawsuit moved to federal court on Thursday that a West Mifflin police officer injured the husband while mistakenly arresting him during a July 31 drug raid near Alberta Street.
Timothy Rager says that West Mifflin police Officer Gregory McCulloch pulled him from his van and forced him onto the ground, injuring his shoulder. He and his wife, Alicia, originally sued McCulloch, West Mifflin, Allegheny County and the District Attorney's Office in Common Pleas Court.
The county had the case moved to federal court because the Ragers claim the defendants violated their civil rights.
Representatives for the county and district attorney's office declined comment. West Mifflin solicitor Phillip DiLucente said he couldn't discuss the case but said the borough will fight the lawsuit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 killed in Lawrence County tractor-trailer crash
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Volunteer potters lend time for Empty Bowls Dinner fundraiser
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team