Mt. Pleasant Township crash kills 1
By Stacey Federoff
Published: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 5:57 p.m.
One person was killed in a one-vehicle accident Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant Township.
The car hit a utility pole, and a person was ejected during the impact, an emergency dispatcher said.
On Sunday morning, Pennsylvania State Police identified the person as Corey Maximchalk of Mout Pleasant.
The crash brought wires down on School Street about 5:12 p.m.
Two people were injured and flown via medical helicopter from the scene.
Emergency personnel closed School Street and were redirecting traffic while they were responding to the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Neal suspended five games for Marchand hit
- Expert: KO doesn’t mean ‘worst’ concussion for Pens’ Orpik
- Eminent domain panel values Flight 93 crash site at $1.5 million
- Steelers WR Brown says ‘I thought I had it clean’ after wild, near-miss finish
- Lawmakers accuse UPMC of political-style attacks over insurance bill
- Kovacevic: Enough of these Steelers already
- Penguins players are not out looking for fights
- Aliquippa’s Henry picks West Virginia over Pitt
- CMU names Kovacevic department head at engineering school
- Shaler Area School Board sets tax increase limit
- Robinson: $500K proposal for August Wilson Center brought threats, vitriol