Mt. Pleasant Township crash kills 1
One person was killed in a one-vehicle accident Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant Township.
The car hit a utility pole, and a person was ejected during the impact, an emergency dispatcher said.
On Sunday morning, Pennsylvania State Police identified the person as Corey Maximchalk of Mout Pleasant.
The crash brought wires down on School Street about 5:12 p.m.
Two people were injured and flown via medical helicopter from the scene.
Emergency personnel closed School Street and were redirecting traffic while they were responding to the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Two judges with Pittsburgh ties announce candidacies for Pa. Supreme Court
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- Butler Township man in jail after reportedly holding woman at gunpoint
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Google lunar contest: Pittsburgh team unveils rover
- Pennsylvania human services agency gets new name