Mt. Pleasant Township crash kills 1
One person was killed in a one-vehicle accident Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant Township.
The car hit a utility pole, and a person was ejected during the impact, an emergency dispatcher said.
On Sunday morning, Pennsylvania State Police identified the person as Corey Maximchalk of Mout Pleasant.
The crash brought wires down on School Street about 5:12 p.m.
Two people were injured and flown via medical helicopter from the scene.
Emergency personnel closed School Street and were redirecting traffic while they were responding to the accident.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Army Sgt. Bergdahl must await general’s decision on court-martial
- ‘Boss’ gifts to Pittsburgh employees from Peduto raise questions
- Delays expected on Pa. Turnpike for retaining wall repairs
- Penguins rally late but lose to Panthers, 4-3, in shootout
- Steelers film session: Playoff off coverage holds off Chiefs
- Steelers linebackers are getting to quarterback with more regularity
- Online payment services facilitate foreign spending
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Penn Hills wants to step up code enforcement, cite violators
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Convicted killer Stahl of Hempfield files appeal in strangulation of wife