Mt. Pleasant Township crash kills 1
One person was killed in a one-vehicle accident Saturday afternoon in Mt. Pleasant Township.
The car hit a utility pole, and a person was ejected during the impact, an emergency dispatcher said.
On Sunday morning, Pennsylvania State Police identified the person as Corey Maximchalk of Mout Pleasant.
The crash brought wires down on School Street about 5:12 p.m.
Two people were injured and flown via medical helicopter from the scene.
Emergency personnel closed School Street and were redirecting traffic while they were responding to the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Penguins’ Fleury tests negative for mumps; Crosby skates with team
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Generous Leechburg boy receives Christmas surprise from secret Santa
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes