Ice fisherman saved from caved-in spot on Moraine lake
A ranger at Moraine State Park in Butler County pulled a man from the lake who had fallenthrough the ice, the park's assistant manager said on Saturday.
The man was unresponsive when he was pulled from the water, said assistant Manager Jake Weiland. Emergency responders started CPR.
The victim was ice fishing when he fell through the ice, Weiland said.
Ranger Rick Carson used an ice rescue unit to reach him, and the man was taken to Butler Memorial Hospital. Weiland did not know his condition.
The man was ice fishing by himself. Someone in a car on state Route 422 spotted him in the water and called 911, Weiland said.
Butler County emergency dispatchers said a call came in shortly before 5 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- MLB notebook: Braves trade OF Justin Upton to Padres
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week evicted from Lincoln Center