Pickup driver hit Lawrence County woman, drove away
By Carl Prine
Published: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 1:12 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Pennsylvania State Police are seeking help locating a hit-and-run driver who injured a Lawrence County woman late Friday.
Troopers say that around 11:30 p.m., a dark-colored Dodge pickup drove through the flashing red stop signal at the intersection of State Road 208 and the Grove City Prime Outlet Mall, striking a black Mazda 6 sedan driven by Ronni Hufnagel, 37, of Volant.
Describing her injuries as “moderate,” troopers said she was transported to an emergency room. The driver who hit Hufnagel's car never checked on her welfare and left the scene, they added. Authorities said the truck appeared to suffer front-end damage and is missing at least one headlight. It also likely has paint from Hufnagel's Mazda on it.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Mercer barracks at 724-662-6162.
Carl Prine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Mt. Pleasant’s Penn Theater building coming down
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- Mt. Pleasant Community Yard Sale set for Saturday
- U.S., Taliban to formally talk peace
- Southmoreland board plans vote on spending plan
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.