Pickup driver hit Lawrence County woman, drove away
Pennsylvania State Police are seeking help locating a hit-and-run driver who injured a Lawrence County woman late Friday.
Troopers say that around 11:30 p.m., a dark-colored Dodge pickup drove through the flashing red stop signal at the intersection of State Road 208 and the Grove City Prime Outlet Mall, striking a black Mazda 6 sedan driven by Ronni Hufnagel, 37, of Volant.
Describing her injuries as “moderate,” troopers said she was transported to an emergency room. The driver who hit Hufnagel's car never checked on her welfare and left the scene, they added. Authorities said the truck appeared to suffer front-end damage and is missing at least one headlight. It also likely has paint from Hufnagel's Mazda on it.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Mercer barracks at 724-662-6162.
Carl Prine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slide in busy week of quarterly earnings reports
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Reconstructed Cubs snap Pirates’ winning streak
- Fan injured by flying bat at Pirates-Cubs game at Wrigley
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Experts high on Pitt tackle Clemmings entering NFL Draft
- Gorman: Sanders goes after 5th star
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- Hog Father’s eatery chain ferries barbecue to workers at gas well pads
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield