Two cut in Dormont bar fight involving knife
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 8:24 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Two people were injured and one person arrested early Sunday in a Dormont bar fight, police said.
Dormont Police Sgt. Jim Briglia said officers were called to the Vasta Lounge in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. for a large fight involving at least one person with a knife.
Officers found one male victim with a minor cut or stab wound, and a female victim with a cut beneath her eye, Briglia said. Both victims refused medical treatment at the scene, he said.
Police arrested Jose Rivera, 33, of Penn Hills on charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 14.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Retailers cash in on the ’stache craze, as its popularity regrows
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.