Two cut in Dormont bar fight involving knife
Two people were injured and one person arrested early Sunday in a Dormont bar fight, police said.
Dormont Police Sgt. Jim Briglia said officers were called to the Vasta Lounge in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. for a large fight involving at least one person with a knife.
Officers found one male victim with a minor cut or stab wound, and a female victim with a cut beneath her eye, Briglia said. Both victims refused medical treatment at the scene, he said.
Police arrested Jose Rivera, 33, of Penn Hills on charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 14.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Western Pa. utility workers OK contract with FirstEnergy
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- Review: No improper contact between Pa. Supreme Court justices, lawyers
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk