Two cut in Dormont bar fight involving knife
Two people were injured and one person arrested early Sunday in a Dormont bar fight, police said.
Dormont Police Sgt. Jim Briglia said officers were called to the Vasta Lounge in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. for a large fight involving at least one person with a knife.
Officers found one male victim with a minor cut or stab wound, and a female victim with a cut beneath her eye, Briglia said. Both victims refused medical treatment at the scene, he said.
Police arrested Jose Rivera, 33, of Penn Hills on charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 14.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- October mine inspections result in 127 citations
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Sewickley center offers new child care options
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field