Two cut in Dormont bar fight involving knife
Two people were injured and one person arrested early Sunday in a Dormont bar fight, police said.
Dormont Police Sgt. Jim Briglia said officers were called to the Vasta Lounge in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. for a large fight involving at least one person with a knife.
Officers found one male victim with a minor cut or stab wound, and a female victim with a cut beneath her eye, Briglia said. Both victims refused medical treatment at the scene, he said.
Police arrested Jose Rivera, 33, of Penn Hills on charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 14.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds