Two cut in Dormont bar fight involving knife
Two people were injured and one person arrested early Sunday in a Dormont bar fight, police said.
Dormont Police Sgt. Jim Briglia said officers were called to the Vasta Lounge in the 2900 block of West Liberty Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. for a large fight involving at least one person with a knife.
Officers found one male victim with a minor cut or stab wound, and a female victim with a cut beneath her eye, Briglia said. Both victims refused medical treatment at the scene, he said.
Police arrested Jose Rivera, 33, of Penn Hills on charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 14.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Pa. Education Department attempts to block release of emails to Tomalis
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Wheel separation incidents can prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans
- Woman killed after car hits tree in Norvelt
- Kent State provocation with ‘blood’ sweatshirt denied
- Police investigate Hempfield fight