Man dies after falling through ice at Moraine State Park lake
By Rick Wills
Published: Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:15 a.m.
A man died after falling into the water while ice fishing at Moraine State Park in Butler County.
Kenneth Andres, 73, of Butler was fishing alone on Saturday when he fell through the ice, said Dan Bickel, the park's manager.
Andres was fishing in a section of Lake Arthur near Prospect. He was spotted in the water at about 4 p.m. Park officials are uncertain how long he had been in the water by then.
Earlier Saturday, a number of people were ice fishing at the lake, Bickel said, but most left as the weather warmed.
Andres was wearing a life jacket. The Butler County Coroner's Office will rule on a cause of death.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’