Man dies after falling through ice at Moraine State Park lake
By Rick Wills
Published: Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:15 a.m.
Updated: Monday, March 11, 2013
A man died after falling into the water while ice fishing at Moraine State Park in Butler County.
Kenneth Andres, 73, of Butler was fishing alone on Saturday when he fell through the ice, said Dan Bickel, the park's manager.
Andres was fishing in a section of Lake Arthur near Prospect. He was spotted in the water at about 4 p.m. Park officials are uncertain how long he had been in the water by then.
Earlier Saturday, a number of people were ice fishing at the lake, Bickel said, but most left as the weather warmed.
Andres was wearing a life jacket. The Butler County Coroner's Office will rule on a cause of death.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Munhall police update abandoned-homes list
- Munhall manager resigns
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Reserve woman found shot to death in home
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.