Man dies after falling through ice at Moraine State Park lake
A man died after falling into the water while ice fishing at Moraine State Park in Butler County.
Kenneth Andres, 73, of Butler was fishing alone on Saturday when he fell through the ice, said Dan Bickel, the park's manager.
Andres was fishing in a section of Lake Arthur near Prospect. He was spotted in the water at about 4 p.m. Park officials are uncertain how long he had been in the water by then.
Earlier Saturday, a number of people were ice fishing at the lake, Bickel said, but most left as the weather warmed.
Andres was wearing a life jacket. The Butler County Coroner's Office will rule on a cause of death.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Rangers clip Penguins, take 2-1 series lead
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Former undercover agent files suit against Kane
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- LaBar: WWE bans finishing move of top star