Man dies after falling through ice at Moraine State Park lake
A man died after falling into the water while ice fishing at Moraine State Park in Butler County.
Kenneth Andres, 73, of Butler was fishing alone on Saturday when he fell through the ice, said Dan Bickel, the park's manager.
Andres was fishing in a section of Lake Arthur near Prospect. He was spotted in the water at about 4 p.m. Park officials are uncertain how long he had been in the water by then.
Earlier Saturday, a number of people were ice fishing at the lake, Bickel said, but most left as the weather warmed.
Andres was wearing a life jacket. The Butler County Coroner's Office will rule on a cause of death.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Merion member claims state amateur championship at Oakmont
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- Charges dropped against WVU running back Smallwood
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
- Emailed notice for federal jury duty a hoax
- Pittsburgh braces for waves of marches, demonstrations this week
- Shooting in Northview Heights leaves one man dead, another injured
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process