Man wounded in Washington County shooting
One person was shot and another taken in for questioning following a shooting Tuesday night in Washington County.
Emergency dispatchers said they were called at 8:46 p.m. for a report of a shooting in the 3100 block of Club House Circle in South Strabane.
A man was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital for treatment and a woman was taken to the township police station for questioning, dispatchers said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Armstrong controller announces bid for fourth term
- Burrell Township man killed in backhoe accident
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- Geibel distributes brand new computers to each student
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Area basketball teams embrace opportunities to play for championships
- EPA urges further review of nuclear waste dump in Parks Township