Beaver County man accused of growing marijuana
A Beaver County man was arrested on Thursday after state police said they found a marijuana grow operation at his home in Big Beaver.
Kenneth Lee Vernon, 41, was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and related crimes.
Troopers said they went to his home shortly before noon and were greeted with “an overwhelming odor of marijuana ... coming from inside the residence.” They said they found 61 live plants, five pounds of harvested marijuana and paraphernalia used in the grow operation.
Troopers, who said they obtained a search warrant before entering the home, said they also seized a 12-gauge shotgun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- W.Va. smoking ban a strong precedent, advocates say