Beaver County man accused of growing marijuana
A Beaver County man was arrested on Thursday after state police said they found a marijuana grow operation at his home in Big Beaver.
Kenneth Lee Vernon, 41, was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and related crimes.
Troopers said they went to his home shortly before noon and were greeted with “an overwhelming odor of marijuana ... coming from inside the residence.” They said they found 61 live plants, five pounds of harvested marijuana and paraphernalia used in the grow operation.
Troopers, who said they obtained a search warrant before entering the home, said they also seized a 12-gauge shotgun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- SWAT team responds to incident in Edgeworth
- Lending challenges, rehab costs thwart efforts to revitalize
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Sunday’s scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
- Every room should participate in selling home, experts say
- Outdoor notices: Sept., 21, 2014
- Technical difficulties: Living with the angst of a digital diet
- Ben & Jerry’s inspires brownie flavors