Beaver County man accused of growing marijuana
A Beaver County man was arrested on Thursday after state police said they found a marijuana grow operation at his home in Big Beaver.
Kenneth Lee Vernon, 41, was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and related crimes.
Troopers said they went to his home shortly before noon and were greeted with “an overwhelming odor of marijuana ... coming from inside the residence.” They said they found 61 live plants, five pounds of harvested marijuana and paraphernalia used in the grow operation.
Troopers, who said they obtained a search warrant before entering the home, said they also seized a 12-gauge shotgun.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Pa. Senate’s top leader backs liquor privatization bill
- Police intercept drug courier returning to Western Pennsylvania with 316 bricks of heroin
- Plum triumphs in meeting of section leaders
- Expert: Plum district’s silence about sex allegations could erode trust
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Woman struck by foul ball in ‘horrid’ scene at Pirates game
- FR falls to Plum in Section 4 diamond clash
- Penn Hills district set to beef up cyber school
- Monongahela man gets 18 to 36 years for kidnapping, rape and torture of 21-year-old woman
- Hyde Park woman will stand trial on charges she had sex with a teenage boy