Catholic schools get free day Tuesday to celebrate new pope
Published: Friday, March 15, 2013, 11:48 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 15, 2013
Catholic school children in the Pittsburgh diocese will get a day off school Tuesday in honor of Pope Francis, Bishop David A. Zubik announced Friday.
All Catholic schools in the Diocese of Pittsburgh will be closed that day, which is the date of the Holy Father's inaugural public Mass in Rome.
Zubik is asking people to attend a celebration Mass 7 p.m. Tuesday at St. Paul Cathedral, Oakland. And “we will celebrate together all that means to us as we begin our pilgrimage together under the leadership of our new Holy Father,” he wrote in a statement.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Starkey: No apologies for this NBA column
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Cyber studies lead Latrobe grad to West Point
- Jeannette treasurer calls it quits