Fayette home invaders terrorize woman, child
State police are seeking help in identifying two men who are accused of forcing their way into a Fayette County residence at gunpoint, sexually assaulting a woman and robbing her and a boy.
Police said the two men broke a side door to gain entry to a Greenpoint Circle residence in North Union at 1 a.m. Monday, waking the woman and the child. The men made their way to an upstairs master bedroom, where the woman and child went to hide after they were awakened by the sound of shattering glass, according to police.
The men demanded money and forced the woman and child downstairs at gunpoint.
The woman gave one of the men a small amount of cash, a debit card and jewelry from her purse.
The man then reached into the woman's underwear and touched her as the two stood in the living room, according to a police report.
The other man ordered the child by gunpoint to his bedroom, where the man took iPod headphones, a Toshiba laptop computer, a cell phone case and a charger case.
The two men ran from the scene, according to police.
Both men are described as black males, in their mid 20s, who covered their faces with white T-shirts.
One of the men is 6 feet 2 inches tall with a large build. He wore a black hooded sweatshirt and dark pants. He was carrying a silver, short-barreled revolver.
The other man is 5 feet 10 inches tall and has a medium build. He wore black jeans and a black and red Ohio State hooded sweatshirt. He was carrying a large, black semiautomatic pistol.
Police withheld the woman's name because of the alleged sexual assault and did not provide an age for the boy.
A forensics team dusted for fingerprints at the scene, and an investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police at Uniontown at 724-439-7111.
Liz Zemba is a Trib Total Media staff writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Moon Area school district eyes solar energy
- Gorman: Perry makes the right call on canceling playoff game
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pitt notebook: Chryst didn’t lobby to keep Watt at tight end
- Former Penn State assistant coach Johnson just visiting this time
- TJ keeper secures 1st round win
- Mars Area schools superintendent resigns after short tenure