Butler Township hires police chief from within
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:15 p.m.
Butler Township commissioners Monday appointed a long-time veteran of its police force as the new chief.
John Hays, 58, a township native and resident, takes over from Gary D. Garman, who retired in January.
Hays was second in command of the department before his promotion, with the rank of lieutenant. He has been with the department for almost 35 years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Peduto says Penguins playoff series will be economic boon
- ‘We’re so proud’ Obama says of job training students at CCAC West Hills Center
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Breaking down Thursday’s Pirates-Brewers game
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- Beaver Co. man indicted on federal sex crime