Police search for man in Chartiers City-Sheraden stabbing
Pittsburgh homicide detectives were called after a woman was reported stabbed Tuesday night in the Chartiers City-Sheraden neighorhood.
Police were called at 10:25 p.m. for a report of a woman stabbed during a domestic dispute at a home on Allendale Circle. Preliminary reports from officers was that the woman had died. However, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office was not immediately notified.
A man who was seen running from the area without a jacket was being sought for questioning. Emergency dispatchers told police it was possible the man had recently been released from prison.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Man attempts to take firearm onto plane in Pittsburgh; tenth attempt this year
- Penn Hills grandmother to stand trial for fatally stabbing man with kitchen knife
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- McKeesport tattoo artist will stand trial for allegedly beating man to death
- SWAT standoff on Pittsburgh’s North Side ends peacefully
- Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estate
- ATI to benefit from WTO ruling against China in steel case
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski