Former prison guard pleads guilty to threatening coworker
A former Woods Run prison guard pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault for threatening a coworker who testified against him late last year.
Tory D. Kelly, 41, of Aliquippa will be sentenced by Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge David R. Cashman on April 2. Kelly, a former guard at State Correctional Institution Pittsburgh, was accused of going to the home of Curtis Hoffman in August 2011 and threatening him in an effort to intimidate him out of speaking with investigators.
Kelly was found guilty on four counts related to inmate abuse after a week-long trial in December. He and three other guards were accused of what investigators called a systematic abuse of inmates in the prison's F Block intake area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dead in two-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Vin Diesel showing some love for Pittsburgh and co-star
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- LaBar: What the WrestleMania title match should be
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween