Former prison guard pleads guilty to threatening coworker
A former Woods Run prison guard pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault for threatening a coworker who testified against him late last year.
Tory D. Kelly, 41, of Aliquippa will be sentenced by Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge David R. Cashman on April 2. Kelly, a former guard at State Correctional Institution Pittsburgh, was accused of going to the home of Curtis Hoffman in August 2011 and threatening him in an effort to intimidate him out of speaking with investigators.
Kelly was found guilty on four counts related to inmate abuse after a week-long trial in December. He and three other guards were accused of what investigators called a systematic abuse of inmates in the prison's F Block intake area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Fire ravages 2 buildings in downtown New Kensington
- Pitt star running back Conner adjusting to higher profile this year
- Range Resources to pay $4.15M fine, close old gas drilling impoundments
- Atheists & religious expression
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Olivia Pope’s sophisticated ‘Scandal’ style comes to The Limited
- Rossi: Given start, it’s time for Pitt to finish
- Heinz History Center offers conservation workshops in new facility
- Article painted wrong picture