Former prison guard pleads guilty to threatening coworker
A former Woods Run prison guard pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault for threatening a coworker who testified against him late last year.
Tory D. Kelly, 41, of Aliquippa will be sentenced by Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge David R. Cashman on April 2. Kelly, a former guard at State Correctional Institution Pittsburgh, was accused of going to the home of Curtis Hoffman in August 2011 and threatening him in an effort to intimidate him out of speaking with investigators.
Kelly was found guilty on four counts related to inmate abuse after a week-long trial in December. He and three other guards were accused of what investigators called a systematic abuse of inmates in the prison's F Block intake area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Pro runners go extra mile prior to Downtown Pittsburgh event
- Dixon, Pitt men’s basketball team aren’t planning island vacation
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Power facing potential scheduling conflict with ArenaBowl
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- WVU’s Holgorsen: Freshman Henry `ahead of curve’