Judge convicts man in Hill District homicide
An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday found a Scott man guilty of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a man in Elmore Square in the Hill District.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Jill E. Rangos also found Tersaun Cole, 22, guilty of robbery, conspiracy and a firearms violation.
Cole was accused of shooting Teante Hill, 30, on Dec. 30, 2010 during a drug deal. Hill died the next morning at UPMC Mercy hospital of gunshot wounds to his neck, body and extremities, according to case documents.
Police said a witness told them she saw Cole and two unknown men approach Hill with guns. Moments later, she heard four gunshots.
Rangos will sentence Cole on June 13. He faces a mandatory life prison term.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- Patience serves as virtue amid pitching prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown
- Strong-armed outfielder Garcia growing into all-around threat