Judge convicts man in Hill District homicide
An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday found a Scott man guilty of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a man in Elmore Square in the Hill District.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Jill E. Rangos also found Tersaun Cole, 22, guilty of robbery, conspiracy and a firearms violation.
Cole was accused of shooting Teante Hill, 30, on Dec. 30, 2010 during a drug deal. Hill died the next morning at UPMC Mercy hospital of gunshot wounds to his neck, body and extremities, according to case documents.
Police said a witness told them she saw Cole and two unknown men approach Hill with guns. Moments later, she heard four gunshots.
Rangos will sentence Cole on June 13. He faces a mandatory life prison term.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Growing RMU nursing school poised for expansion
- 2 New Kensington buildings burn downtown
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Pitt star running back Conner adjusting to higher profile this year
- Review: ‘Tusk,’ Kevin Smith’s ‘comeback,’ lacks bite
- Alligator spotted at Cheswick shoreline