Bethel Park, Evans City men charged with child porn offenses
An Allegheny County man and another from Butler County are accused of using Internet file-sharing programs to download child pornography, state prosecutors said on Friday.
David O'Connell, 34, of Bethel Park used his computer to store multiple videos of underage children engaging in sex, investigators from the Attorney General's Office said. When O'Connell was arrested on Thursday, agents seized items from his home that will be analyzed as part of an investigation into the trafficking of child pornography, prosecutors said.
Dennis Belles, 45, of Evans City, who was arrested last month when he arrived at a Cranberry hotel for a rendezvous with what he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met on the Internet, was charged with distribution of child pornography on Friday, investigators said. He is accused of sending graphic images of minors that were on his cellphone to undercover officers posing as children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- O’Neil jumps right in to AD duties at Kiski Area
- Former South Park coach Loughran optimistic about Fox Chapel’s prospects
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Rainy summer delays paving projects in New Kensington