Bethel Park, Evans City men charged with child porn offenses
An Allegheny County man and another from Butler County are accused of using Internet file-sharing programs to download child pornography, state prosecutors said on Friday.
David O'Connell, 34, of Bethel Park used his computer to store multiple videos of underage children engaging in sex, investigators from the Attorney General's Office said. When O'Connell was arrested on Thursday, agents seized items from his home that will be analyzed as part of an investigation into the trafficking of child pornography, prosecutors said.
Dennis Belles, 45, of Evans City, who was arrested last month when he arrived at a Cranberry hotel for a rendezvous with what he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met on the Internet, was charged with distribution of child pornography on Friday, investigators said. He is accused of sending graphic images of minors that were on his cellphone to undercover officers posing as children.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount