Castle Shannon man killed in Mt. Lebanon crash
A Castle Shannon man died early Saturday after driving off the road and hitting a utility pole, according to police.
Tyler Lee Smithyman, 23, was driving northbound in the 1300 block of Washington Road in Mt. Lebanon at around 3:39 a.m. when he wrecked, according to police.
Police said he failed to negotiate a curve and went off the road and hit a utility pole and tree before overturning. Smithyman was wearing a seatbelt. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 350 a.m.
An autopsy and toxicology tests are pending to determine if drugs or alcohol contributed to the accident, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- ‘Banshee’ props, inventory up for sale
- Arnold bakery reopens at is new ‘old’ location
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions