Castle Shannon man killed in Mt. Lebanon crash
A Castle Shannon man died early Saturday after driving off the road and hitting a utility pole, according to police.
Tyler Lee Smithyman, 23, was driving northbound in the 1300 block of Washington Road in Mt. Lebanon at around 3:39 a.m. when he wrecked, according to police.
Police said he failed to negotiate a curve and went off the road and hit a utility pole and tree before overturning. Smithyman was wearing a seatbelt. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 350 a.m.
An autopsy and toxicology tests are pending to determine if drugs or alcohol contributed to the accident, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Merion member claims state amateur championship at Oakmont
- Charges dropped against WVU running back Smallwood
- Emailed notice for federal jury duty a hoax
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Hiring in shale industry shifts to engineering, construction workers
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process
- LCB reduces fee for tavern gaming licenses
- Police investigate possible shooting in Northview Heights; SWAT on scene