Castle Shannon man killed in Mt. Lebanon crash
A Castle Shannon man died early Saturday after driving off the road and hitting a utility pole, according to police.
Tyler Lee Smithyman, 23, was driving northbound in the 1300 block of Washington Road in Mt. Lebanon at around 3:39 a.m. when he wrecked, according to police.
Police said he failed to negotiate a curve and went off the road and hit a utility pole and tree before overturning. Smithyman was wearing a seatbelt. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 350 a.m.
An autopsy and toxicology tests are pending to determine if drugs or alcohol contributed to the accident, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Oil, gas industry boom leads to expansion of laws in Pennsylvania
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on