New Kensington Democrat to seek Rothfus' seat in Congress
A New Kensington Democrat is planning to challenge Republican Congressman Keith Rothfus for his seat next year.
Erin McClelland, 38, filed papers earlier this month to form her campaign committee. McClelland works as the director of a wellness center and said she plans to be on the ballot in 2014.
Rothfus, of Sewickley, defeated Democrat Mark Critz in November to win his first term in Congress in the 12th District.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Hot Ticket: Corita Kent art on display at Andy Warhol Museum
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- 5-year-old boy needed for ‘Let It Snow’ role
- Designer Bethany Mota coming to Ross Park Mall
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Alibaba finally called out on counterfeits
- First Draft: Local brewers craft friendships, hash out new recipes
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline