New Kensington Democrat to seek Rothfus' seat in Congress
A New Kensington Democrat is planning to challenge Republican Congressman Keith Rothfus for his seat next year.
Erin McClelland, 38, filed papers earlier this month to form her campaign committee. McClelland works as the director of a wellness center and said she plans to be on the ballot in 2014.
Rothfus, of Sewickley, defeated Democrat Mark Critz in November to win his first term in Congress in the 12th District.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hero Franklin Regional security guard out of work
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Rain washes out road, blamed in death of Perryopolis man in Perry Township
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Steelers notebook: Keisel always hoped to return
- Unusually cold winter, spring reduces population of Western Pa. stink bugs
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- HSFB preview by position: Familiar faces coaching in new places
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Icy water, donations to fight ALS flow with social media’s help
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy