Accident ties up lane on Parkway West; wreck on Parkway East cleared
Multiple crashes tied up traffic on the busy Parkway East and Parkway West on Thursday, PennDOT said.
The left lane of the Parkway West outbound is blocked because of a roll-over crash that happened near the Campbells Run Road exit in Robinson about 12:30 p.m., PennDOT said. It is unknown if anyone was injured in the wreck.
PennDOT advised motorists to expect delays.
The left lane of the Parkway East inbound was blocked briefly near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel because of a crash involving multiple vehicles. The crash happened before 11 a.m. between the Edgewood/Swissvale exit and the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. The lane was cleared about 11:15 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Two jail inmates died at UPMC Mercy, medical examiner’s office says
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Medical Examiner personnel at scene of Coraopolis train-pedestrian incident
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Blasts at pro-Kurdish party offices in Turkey called political; 6 wounded
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Strong finish motivates young Penn Hills softball team
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station