Man files lawsuit against Millvale concert venue for mosh pit injury
A New Jersey man who claims he was banged around and assaulted in a punk rock mosh pit at Mr. Small's Fun House sued the Millvale concert venue on Thursday.
Joseph Pignatiello, 24, of Pompton Plains, N.J., filed the lawsuit in Allegheny County Court, also naming fun house owner Liz Berlin, the punk rock band Senses Fail and production company Opus One.
The lawsuit states that Pignatiello attended a concert on April 9, 2011 where other concert goers pulled him into the mosh pit, and threw him around. He broke and bruised his knee and sprained his right shoulder.
Pignatiello said Berlin, Senses Fail and Opus One “failed to prevent aggressive, intoxicated, drugged and/or otherwise impaired individuals from forming a mosh pit” and “permitted and/or encouraged the formation of the mosh pit” despite knowing that Senses Fail shows have historically inspired particularly aggressive ones.
An employee at Opus One said she was unaware of the lawsuit and declined comment.
A message left at Opus One Productions was not returned. Members of Senses Fail could not be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Pittsburgh ends ‘Operation Over Watch’ for police officers
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Soldier from Pottstown died Sunday in fiery crash near Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon