State will audit Port Authority finances, more
The state Auditor General's office said Thursday it is auditing the Port Authority of Allegheny County's activities between July 1, 2007, and last Dec. 31.
The office audits the state's second-largest transit agency about once every four years, though the last one was completed in 2007, said office spokeswoman Susan Woods.
The office said it will investigate Port Authority's finances; its governing structure, including the composition of its board of directors; and its operations, including its routes, planning and scheduling. The office did not provide a timetable for completing the audit.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Arab League gets serious on terrorism
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport