State will audit Port Authority finances, more
The state Auditor General's office said Thursday it is auditing the Port Authority of Allegheny County's activities between July 1, 2007, and last Dec. 31.
The office audits the state's second-largest transit agency about once every four years, though the last one was completed in 2007, said office spokeswoman Susan Woods.
The office said it will investigate Port Authority's finances; its governing structure, including the composition of its board of directors; and its operations, including its routes, planning and scheduling. The office did not provide a timetable for completing the audit.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Turkey releases recording of warnings to Russian plane
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Suspect in Glassport man’s shooting death put on house arrest
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey