McKeesport man arrested for fatal shooting in bar
A man being sought for a Jan. 18 fatal shooting in a McKeesport bar was arrested on Thursday morning as he tried to hide in the duct work of a Wilkinsburg home, authorities said.
The U.S. Marshal's fugitive task force apprehended Mark Leonard, 32, of McKeesport, at about 9:30 a.m.
Leonard was wanted for shooting Jayemond Bailey, 34, of McKeesport multiple times inside the Street Stars bar in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue.
A preliminary hearing on homicide and drug charges is scheduled for April 10, according to court records.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car