McKeesport man arrested for fatal shooting in bar
A man being sought for a Jan. 18 fatal shooting in a McKeesport bar was arrested on Thursday morning as he tried to hide in the duct work of a Wilkinsburg home, authorities said.
The U.S. Marshal's fugitive task force apprehended Mark Leonard, 32, of McKeesport, at about 9:30 a.m.
Leonard was wanted for shooting Jayemond Bailey, 34, of McKeesport multiple times inside the Street Stars bar in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue.
A preliminary hearing on homicide and drug charges is scheduled for April 10, according to court records.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County authorities investigate suspected homicide in Blairsville
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Lawmakers demand answers on Legionnaires’ outbreak from new VA secretary
- Toomey joins chorus criticizing Goddard College for inviting Abu-Jamal to speak
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- Coroner identifies Cranberry woman who died in McConnells Mill fall
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Smoke reported in Evans City police office
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Police: Westmoreland man dead of gunshot had fired at state troopers during pursuit