Charges dropped against Moon man, West End man arrested in community activist's death
A Moon man arrested for fatally beating a McKees Rocks clothing designer and community activist is being released from jail and charges will be filed against another man arrested on Thursday for the murder, according to authorities.
Londele Cox, 21, of the West End, has been charged with homicide, robbery and tampering with evidence in connection with the death of Isaiah Dent, 61, whose badly beaten body was found inside his home in the Hays Manor housing project on Jan. 28. Cox faces a preliminary hearing on April 10, according to court records.
Homicide and other charges have been withdrawn against Sean Overton, 19, who will be released from jail, according to the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office.
“The charges are being withdrawn because we don't believe Mr. Overton was involved,” said Mike Manko, a spokesman for the district attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Geibel goalie saves game during shootout, beats Carlynton
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Riverview embracing underdog role in WPIAL first-round win
- Serra Catholic boys soccer team loses WPIAL 1st-round game to Avonworth, 1-0