Charges dropped against Moon man, West End man arrested in community activist's death
A Moon man arrested for fatally beating a McKees Rocks clothing designer and community activist is being released from jail and charges will be filed against another man arrested on Thursday for the murder, according to authorities.
Londele Cox, 21, of the West End, has been charged with homicide, robbery and tampering with evidence in connection with the death of Isaiah Dent, 61, whose badly beaten body was found inside his home in the Hays Manor housing project on Jan. 28. Cox faces a preliminary hearing on April 10, according to court records.
Homicide and other charges have been withdrawn against Sean Overton, 19, who will be released from jail, according to the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office.
“The charges are being withdrawn because we don't believe Mr. Overton was involved,” said Mike Manko, a spokesman for the district attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- In visit to Washington Wild Things, Rose talks, but not about betting
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- U.S. tops Germany to reach Women’s World Cup final
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- UConn transfer picks PSU hoops
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor to host history of baseball event
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offer
- The Wine Cellar: Celebrate your pursuit of happiness with a good wine