Two missing Greensburg boys found in Hempfield
Two missing brothers were located and returned to their Greensburg home Thursday evening after a search by Greensburg police, firefighters and bloodhounds.
City police Lt. Doug Marcoz said the brothers, ages 6 and 10, apparently got lost along a set of railroad tracks. They were found at about 8:30 p.m. at a home on Old Route 119 in Hempfield.
Marcoz said the pair stopped at the home and knocked on the door. Both boys were safe, Marcoz said.
Emergency responders originally were searching in the area of the boys' home in the 800 block of West Newton Road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Penguins notebook: Farnham relishes making opening-night roster
- Rowers thrive on rainless day at Head of the Ohio
- Pitt notebook: Panthers keeping many players involved
- Penn State notebook: Franklin cautious regarding injuries
- Man’s body recovered from river in McKeesport
- Penn Hills man allegedly robs Wilkins eatery
- Utah’s Chaffetz in race for House speaker
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Hot issues put Supreme Court at helm of 2016 race
- Pope urges bishops to reaffirm church’s stance on marriage as synod opens