Two missing Greensburg boys found in Hempfield
Two missing brothers were located and returned to their Greensburg home Thursday evening after a search by Greensburg police, firefighters and bloodhounds.
City police Lt. Doug Marcoz said the brothers, ages 6 and 10, apparently got lost along a set of railroad tracks. They were found at about 8:30 p.m. at a home on Old Route 119 in Hempfield.
Marcoz said the pair stopped at the home and knocked on the door. Both boys were safe, Marcoz said.
Emergency responders originally were searching in the area of the boys' home in the 800 block of West Newton Road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Former Olympian Bruce Jenner comes out as transgender: ‘I am a woman’
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- Death toll from Nepal earthquake reaches at least 876
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting