Two missing Greensburg boys found in Hempfield
Two missing brothers were located and returned to their Greensburg home Thursday evening after a search by Greensburg police, firefighters and bloodhounds.
City police Lt. Doug Marcoz said the brothers, ages 6 and 10, apparently got lost along a set of railroad tracks. They were found at about 8:30 p.m. at a home on Old Route 119 in Hempfield.
Marcoz said the pair stopped at the home and knocked on the door. Both boys were safe, Marcoz said.
Emergency responders originally were searching in the area of the boys' home in the 800 block of West Newton Road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hax: Pregnant sister is off her rocker over alleged chair-breaking incident
- Ex-wife of late Argentine prosecutor: Death was a homicide
- Beistel overcomes nerves, 1st-round opponent at PIAA Class AA tournament
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Penguins notebook: Road trip increases in difficulty
- Roadwork detailed for Pittsburgh’s East Ohio Street
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Seneca Valley special-needs student left on bus
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Boko Haram attack kills 68, targets children in Nigeria
- Federal judge dismisses complaint against foreclosure propery management company