Two missing Greensburg boys found in Hempfield
Two missing brothers were located and returned to their Greensburg home Thursday evening after a search by Greensburg police, firefighters and bloodhounds.
City police Lt. Doug Marcoz said the brothers, ages 6 and 10, apparently got lost along a set of railroad tracks. They were found at about 8:30 p.m. at a home on Old Route 119 in Hempfield.
Marcoz said the pair stopped at the home and knocked on the door. Both boys were safe, Marcoz said.
Emergency responders originally were searching in the area of the boys' home in the 800 block of West Newton Road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Pitt offense eyes healthy balance
- NFL notebook: Goodell must testify at Rice appeal
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season
- Longtime rivals Kittanning, Ford City set for final act
- Penn State defense returns to familiar spot atop Big Ten Conference
- Motorist in Downtown mishap, passenger arrested on drug charges
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games
- Gorman: A WPIAL playoff drought about to end
- Coburn’s final ‘Wastebook’ tallies $25B in what he considers ‘pork’
- Daily News Q&A: Lamont Wade, Clairton