Man killed in Bloomfield pedestrian accident
A pedestrian was fatally injured when he was hit by a motorist on Saturday after an argument that began on Fisk Street and continued onto Liberty Avenue, police said.
The motorist, driving an SUV, struck the man on Liberty Avenue at the Bloomfield Bridge about 11:45 a.m., said Pittsburgh police Detective Peggy Sherwood.
The motorist then drove back to his girlfriend's home on Fisk Street and dialed 911. The pedestrian died in UPMC Presbyterian, Oakland.
Sherwood said police have interviewed the driver, and an accident reconstruction team was investigating. Police said no charges had been filed as of Saturday afternoon.
Neither the driver nor the pedestrian was identifed by police on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Burrell rollover wreck kills Parks man
- Pittsburgh mayor in Cuba on manufacturing trade mission
- Fayette County man dies in motorcycle accident
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Class-action lawsuit filed against PWSA for inaccurate billing from radio-controlled meter readers
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion