Man killed in Bloomfield pedestrian accident
A pedestrian was fatally injured when he was hit by a motorist on Saturday after an argument that began on Fisk Street and continued onto Liberty Avenue, police said.
The motorist, driving an SUV, struck the man on Liberty Avenue at the Bloomfield Bridge about 11:45 a.m., said Pittsburgh police Detective Peggy Sherwood.
The motorist then drove back to his girlfriend's home on Fisk Street and dialed 911. The pedestrian died in UPMC Presbyterian, Oakland.
Sherwood said police have interviewed the driver, and an accident reconstruction team was investigating. Police said no charges had been filed as of Saturday afternoon.
Neither the driver nor the pedestrian was identifed by police on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Penguins look to buck shots, goals trend
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Patron alerts store employees to burning Rostraver building
- 9-month probe leads to major heroin bust in McKeesport
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy’s Anthony Muscato, NA’s Tina Li
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire