West Mifflin police charge teen in girl's shooting
West Mifflin police were searching for a man accused of wounding a 17-year-old girl in a drive-by shooting.
They charged Daniel Greer, whose address was not immediately known, with two counts of attempted homicide and one count each of aggravated and simple assault for the shooting that occurred shortly after 1:15 p.m. Sunday on Division Street.
The girl stepped outside her home and was shot by a man passing in a burgundy, four-door sedan with front-end damage, police said. Police found the vehicle in Duquesne. The victim, whom police did not identify, was transported to UPMC Mercy, Uptown. She is expected to recover.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- In visit to Washington Wild Things, Rose talks, but not about betting
- U.S. tops Germany to reach Women’s World Cup final
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- UConn transfer picks PSU hoops
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets
- MLB notebook: Phillies interim manager Mackanin to finish out season
- U.S., Cuba to announce plan to open embassies
- Full of surprises: Sweet or savory, watermelon fits the bill for summer
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8