Bag of wires shuts Downtown streets
Pittsburgh police closed off Liberty and Penn avenues near 10th Street, Downtown, for less than an hour Monday afternoon to check a suspicious package.
The streets were closed in the area of the Westin Hotel about 2:30 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers, who sent bomb technicians to inspect the package.
Police spokeswoman Diane Richard said the package turned out to be a bag of loose wires, and police were called off at about 3:10 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Fox Chapel boys basketball team will rely on rotation for scoring
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Woman on dating site looks too good to be true: How to vet that pic
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Jane Monheit swings in tribute to Judy Garland
- Need for new community college in Northwestern Pennsylvania questioned
- Allegheny County buck may prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported