Bag of wires shuts Downtown streets
Pittsburgh police closed off Liberty and Penn avenues near 10th Street, Downtown, for less than an hour Monday afternoon to check a suspicious package.
The streets were closed in the area of the Westin Hotel about 2:30 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers, who sent bomb technicians to inspect the package.
Police spokeswoman Diane Richard said the package turned out to be a bag of loose wires, and police were called off at about 3:10 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense