Bag of wires shuts Downtown streets
Pittsburgh police closed off Liberty and Penn avenues near 10th Street, Downtown, for less than an hour Monday afternoon to check a suspicious package.
The streets were closed in the area of the Westin Hotel about 2:30 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers, who sent bomb technicians to inspect the package.
Police spokeswoman Diane Richard said the package turned out to be a bag of loose wires, and police were called off at about 3:10 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Focused on defense, Pirates start Rodriguez at first base for wild-card game
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Pittsburgh considering legislation to ban drone activity from city parks, playgrounds
- House defeats governor’s tax plan
- Authorities identify man whose body was pulled from Monongahela River
- WVU All-American Joeseph out for season with knee injury
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- 24-year-old man shot in the back in Mt. Oliver
- Parkway West, Fort Pitt Tunnel closures planned again this weekend
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error