Man charged with Huntington National Bank robbery in Finleyville
A federal grand jury has charged a man already in jail on state charges with the Dec. 18 robbery of the Huntington National Bank in Finleyville, according to an indictment unsealed Monday.
Orlando Williams, 30, address unknown, and another man entered the bank together and, standing shoulder-to-shoulder, pointed guns at the bank tellers and demanded money, prosecutors say. The two men fled the bank with $5,184 in cash, prosecutors say.
The grand jury indicted Williams on five counts including armed bank robbery and use of a firearm while committing a violent crime.
Williams is being held without bail, according to court records. His attorney, Peter Moyers of the Federal Public Defenders office, couldn't be reached. The other man who was involved in the robbery with Williams has not been identified.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Martial law replaced in Thailand by security order
- Former Pittsburgh teacher to stand trial on felony charge involving student
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- NFL notebook: Ex-Steelers WR Washington joins Texans after signing 1-year deal
- Duquesne grants release for 2 men’s basketball players
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Walmart
- Two Western Pennsylvania veterans’ suicides raise questions
- History center to hold onto disputed Brashear time capsule for now