Warrant issued for suspect in Monroeville fatal shooting
Allegheny County homicide detectives have issued an arrest warrant for a man in connection with a slaying in Monroeville.
Investigators are searching for Jamey McKee, 24, who has ties to Wilmerding, Penn Hills and Braddock.
McKee is wanted in the fatal shooting of Mark Rucker Jr., 21, who was found on Saturday lying in a stairwell in Building 225 of the Cambridge Square housing complex off Mosside Boulevard, said county police.
Rucker died of bullet wounds to the head and abdomen, according to the county medical examiner.
McKee is about 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs 185 pounds. He was driving a blue 2004 Nissan Maxima with Pennsylvania license plate HXW 7590.
Anyone with information about McKee is asked to call the county homicide squad at 412-473-1300 or 911.
Investigators have not revealed a motive for the slaying, but a friend and neighbor of Rucker's said she heard him arguing with a man — possibly about a woman — a few minutes before the shooting.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Disney TV Animation going strong after 30 years
- Penn State mens basketball wins fourth in a row, improves to 6-1
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Homework: Gifts and Greens Market is Dec. 4-6
- Book details Steelers’ history in black and white
- Homes for the holiday: Christmas house tours abound
- Gazing at the grass in winter is a vision in grace
- National Portrait Gallery asks public to vote for art
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated, can return to NFL
- Ryan says journalism, fiction ways to tell story
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.