Warrant issued for suspect in Monroeville fatal shooting
Allegheny County homicide detectives have issued an arrest warrant for a man in connection with a slaying in Monroeville.
Investigators are searching for Jamey McKee, 24, who has ties to Wilmerding, Penn Hills and Braddock.
McKee is wanted in the fatal shooting of Mark Rucker Jr., 21, who was found on Saturday lying in a stairwell in Building 225 of the Cambridge Square housing complex off Mosside Boulevard, said county police.
Rucker died of bullet wounds to the head and abdomen, according to the county medical examiner.
McKee is about 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs 185 pounds. He was driving a blue 2004 Nissan Maxima with Pennsylvania license plate HXW 7590.
Anyone with information about McKee is asked to call the county homicide squad at 412-473-1300 or 911.
Investigators have not revealed a motive for the slaying, but a friend and neighbor of Rucker's said she heard him arguing with a man — possibly about a woman — a few minutes before the shooting.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- LaBar: Reigns could be WWE’s next big gamble
- SWAT teams surround Lincoln-Lemington home after shooting
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call