One killed in Richland traffic crash
A crash on Sunday afternoon in Richland killed a 68-year-old Valencia woman, authorities said.
Pamela McCarthy was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:51 p.m. Her three-wheeled vehicle collided with a pickup, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. The collision occurred in the 5800 block of William Flynn Highway, near Tom Henry Chevrolet, forcing closure of the highway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Halliburton closing Indiana County office
- Duquesne extensions contract of men’s basketball coach
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- Oakland hotel deal could aid Pittsburgh Athletic Association
- One dead in Washington Township crash
- Ferris wheel goes up to help get Regatta rolling
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- Route 22 in Delmont open after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Coroner: Police-involved shooting in Latrobe was justified