Bower Hill Road construction set Tuesday
Bower Hill Road in Mt. Lebanon will be closed for much of the day Tuesday because of construction.
Police Lt. Aaron Lauth said the road will be closed to all vehicular traffic between Washington Road and Lavina Avenue beginning at 7 a.m. The closure may last until 5 p.m.
Uniformed police officers will be present to assist with the flow of traffic. Detours will be posted and motorists are advised to consider an alternate route.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Schools closed after state police ambush suspect reportedly sighted nearby
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Pitt executive vice chancellor to retire in December
- Jury selection for Ferrante trial begins today
- Former Penn State assistant coach Johnson just visiting this time
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Statewide hunters numbers following that of pheasants