Coroner called to accident in Cook Township
Teenage passenger dies in 1-vehicle accident
One passenger in a vehicle with four teenagers inside died in an accident Wednesday just after 7 p.m. near Linn Run State Park in Cook Township.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's office was called to the scene of the a one-vehicle accident near the Adams Falls picnic area.
Chestnut Ridge fire Chief Don Prinkey said two males and two females were in the vehicle, which was headed into the park when it went off the road. The car hit a utility access box, rolled over and hit a tree before rolling over again and hitting another tree, he said.
He could not release any details regarding the deceased passenger.
The three injured passengers were taken to hospitals via ambulance for treatment. Prinkey said helicopters could not fly the patients because of severe weather conditions.
State police at Greensburg were reconstructing the accident scene Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- One killed in Washington Township crash
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture
- Hip to flip: WPIAL wrestlers find tumbling skills translate well on mat
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Fleury’s relay team struggles in NHL skills competition
- Wolf says he recalled appointees on principle and to gain respect