Coroner called to accident in Cook Township
Teenage passenger dies in 1-vehicle accident
One passenger in a vehicle with four teenagers inside died in an accident Wednesday just after 7 p.m. near Linn Run State Park in Cook Township.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's office was called to the scene of the a one-vehicle accident near the Adams Falls picnic area.
Chestnut Ridge fire Chief Don Prinkey said two males and two females were in the vehicle, which was headed into the park when it went off the road. The car hit a utility access box, rolled over and hit a tree before rolling over again and hitting another tree, he said.
He could not release any details regarding the deceased passenger.
The three injured passengers were taken to hospitals via ambulance for treatment. Prinkey said helicopters could not fly the patients because of severe weather conditions.
State police at Greensburg were reconstructing the accident scene Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships