Coroner called to accident in Cook Township
Teenage passenger dies in 1-vehicle accident
One passenger in a vehicle with four teenagers inside died in an accident Wednesday just after 7 p.m. near Linn Run State Park in Cook Township.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's office was called to the scene of the a one-vehicle accident near the Adams Falls picnic area.
Chestnut Ridge fire Chief Don Prinkey said two males and two females were in the vehicle, which was headed into the park when it went off the road. The car hit a utility access box, rolled over and hit a tree before rolling over again and hitting another tree, he said.
He could not release any details regarding the deceased passenger.
The three injured passengers were taken to hospitals via ambulance for treatment. Prinkey said helicopters could not fly the patients because of severe weather conditions.
State police at Greensburg were reconstructing the accident scene Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Car, truck collide near Taco Bell in New Kensington
- Springdale council, mayor spar over police costs
- Burrell School Board debates hiring resource officer
- Mylan CEO Bresch sets sights on growth
- Fallowfield revisits local police coverage
- Cheswick fills 1 of 2 council vacancies
- Western Pennsylvania detailers get opportunity to work on original Air Force One
- Leechburg nears final phase of sewer separation project
- YMCA program expands to help adults with special needs
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener