Coroner called to accident in Cook Township
Teenage passenger dies in 1-vehicle accident
One passenger in a vehicle with four teenagers inside died in an accident Wednesday just after 7 p.m. near Linn Run State Park in Cook Township.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's office was called to the scene of the a one-vehicle accident near the Adams Falls picnic area.
Chestnut Ridge fire Chief Don Prinkey said two males and two females were in the vehicle, which was headed into the park when it went off the road. The car hit a utility access box, rolled over and hit a tree before rolling over again and hitting another tree, he said.
He could not release any details regarding the deceased passenger.
The three injured passengers were taken to hospitals via ambulance for treatment. Prinkey said helicopters could not fly the patients because of severe weather conditions.
State police at Greensburg were reconstructing the accident scene Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- One person dead in fire in Pleasant Hills
- After years of lobbying, Roethlisberger has Steelers regularly running no-huddle
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Pirates stumble in bid for sweep, lose to Giants, 7-5
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Brentwood officials try new way to get code violation message across
- Personality Test: Art DeConciliis
- 30 cited for blocking street at union rally
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant VFW relocation site faces a backlash