Fire hits offices of AK Steel in Butler County
Firefighters doused an office fire at the AK Steel plant in Butler Township, Butler County, that was reported shortly before 10 a.m. Saturday.
Company spokesman Barry Racey said employees were assessing damage at the plant. The fire was extinguished shortly before 1 p.m., Racey said.
Butler County Emergency Services Director Steve Bicehouse said no injuries were reported.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Protesters demonstrate against Mt. Lebanon deer culling program
- Tyler’s 20th, ‘A Spool of Blue Thread,’ is a miracle of sorts
- Dark satire ‘Welcome to Braggsville’ targets race, gender
- Allderdice boys advance to PIAA tournament
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery
- Huge, ancient quasar could alter theories on black holes
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pittsburgh man dies in Greene County accident
- Rostraver police investigating alleged sexual misconduct between Ringgold HS employee, student
- Men become focus of stores’ personal service efforts