Gorilla gives birth at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
A gorilla at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium that gave birth last week has been showing zookeepers her little one.
Moka, a Western lowland gorilla, gave birth on Friday. Zookeepers have not determined the baby's gender, said spokeswoman Tracy Gray.
Moka gave birth to a baby last year that died four months later for unknown reasons.
Western lowland gorillas are considered an endangered species because of the loss of their habitat, poaching and disease.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Beauty Bash will help send cancer patient, family to Florida
- Police standoff in Pleasant Hills ends with man found dead
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Snyder makes offer for mineral rights under polluted Ford City land