Gorilla gives birth at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, April 15, 2013, 3:36 p.m.
A gorilla at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium that gave birth last week has been showing zookeepers her little one.
Moka, a Western lowland gorilla, gave birth on Friday. Zookeepers have not determined the baby's gender, said spokeswoman Tracy Gray.
Moka gave birth to a baby last year that died four months later for unknown reasons.
Western lowland gorillas are considered an endangered species because of the loss of their habitat, poaching and disease.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- 4 dead in Armstrong County crash
- Physical Columbus team is a hit in playoff opener against Penguins
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- State reaps $582M windfall on gas drilling in state forests
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- Veteran North Huntingdon police officer fired
- PSU grad Rohanna pursues PGA Tour dream
- Play of the game: Sutter’s goal completes rally
- Pirates notebook: Walker’s razor a right-handed swing solution
- Bethel Park brewpub gets council’s approval