Gorilla gives birth at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
A gorilla at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium that gave birth last week has been showing zookeepers her little one.
Moka, a Western lowland gorilla, gave birth on Friday. Zookeepers have not determined the baby's gender, said spokeswoman Tracy Gray.
Moka gave birth to a baby last year that died four months later for unknown reasons.
Western lowland gorillas are considered an endangered species because of the loss of their habitat, poaching and disease.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds