Governor to speak at CCAC banquet
Gov. Tom Corbett is scheduled to headline a Community College of Allegheny County awards banquet on Thursday.
The 2013 Legends in Leadership banquet, at the East Club Lounge at Heinz Field, will recognize current and former students, faculty members, staff and administrators, and supporters who aide the college's mission to provide quality, accessible education.
This year's honorees include outstanding lifetime achievement award winner Laura E. Ellsworth, partner in charge of the Pittsburgh office of the Jones Day law firm; outstanding community leader award winner Randall S. Dearth, president and CEO of Calgon Carbon Corporation; outstanding alumnus award winner Michael S. Adamcyk, a 1976 graduate and director of Global Retirement, Mobility & Aviation; and outstanding faculty/staff/administrator award winner Frances Kralosky Dice, a 1968 graduate who is CCAC's assistant dean for academic management.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets