Outbound lanes through Squirrel Hill tunnel to close next two weekends
The Squirrel Hill Tunnel's outbound lanes will be closed the next two weekends, PennDOT said.
The Parkway East tunnels will close from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday both weekends so crews can continue removing the ceiling. The work is part of a $49.5 million project to increase clearance inside the tunnel and make other repairs.
The suggested detours will vary depending on the time of day.
All outbound motorists will get off the Parkway East at the Squirrel Hill exit and turn left onto Forward Avenue. From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, motorists will turn left onto Beechwood Boulevard, right onto Forbes Avenue and right onto South Braddock Avenue to get back to the highway. From 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, motorists will turn left onto Murray, right onto Forbes and right onto South Braddock.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead in New Kensington shooting
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- Pittsburgh restaurants vie for title at Taste of the Championships
- All Pittsburgh Public Schools students to get free lunches starting this year
- DEP seeks to extinguish coal fire threatening visibility for air traffic at Pittsburgh airport
- Connellsville’s blighted property ordinance overcomes first hurdle
- Grand jury that heard testimony from Ravenstahl aides ends work