Teen shot in Larimer
A teen was shot while walking in Larimer Wednesday evening, Pittsburgh police said.
The man, 19, of Verona told police he was walking down Carver Street about 11:10 p.m. when he heard shots, Lt. Reyne Kacsuta said. Police also received calls for shots fired in the area, she said.
He was struck in the arm and hospitalized in stable condition, she said.
He told police he didn't know who shot him. Zone 5 detectives are investigating, Kacsuta said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- West Mifflin Area moves to issue iPad minis to sixth-graders
- Developer hopes to make Allegheny Center a tech hub
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont
- BNY Mellon promotes executive
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh
- Pileup sends 2 to hospital, shuts down highway