McCandless police investigating attempted child luring
McCandless police are investigating an attempted child luring in the Cromwell Drive area.
Charges are pending against a suspect but police did not return phone calls.
A news release says the suspect is a thin, white man between 30 and 50 years old who was driving a small, silver car. Police began investigating on Thursday and interviewed the suspect, who acknowledged responsibility, according to the news release,
No further details were available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Shoplifting ring targeted Lowe’s stores in 5 Western Pa. counties
- Plum High School teacher hires attorney who also represents Jerry Sandusky
- Former Franklin Park woman convicted of abusing adopted children to be freed from jail
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- National Guard called in to keep the peace in Baltimore
- Pro wrestling legend Verne Gagne dies at age 89
- U.S. Steel job cuts total 2,800, CEO says
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Arnold, New Kensington drug busts net 2 arrests, heroin, cocaine, cash