Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe
- Ligonier Township authority plans line flushing
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Coal industry seeks unusual partner in UN green climate fund
- Peters Township’s Bruce captures WPIAL Class AAA golf title
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Mecca pilgrimage death toll at 1,399
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say