Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- Lower Burrell resident blames sewer project for fouling spring water