Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg