Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins’ competition among bottom six
- Latrobe woman charged with open lewdness
- Snyder seeks re-election as Fayette County Clerk of Courts
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Easter Seals merger in Pennsylvania raises ethics concerns
- Rue21 plays to tough teen crowd with new store in Cranberry
- Cafe Con Leche helps Pittsburgh’s Latino community meet wider audience
- Few in Westmoreland County opposed to expansion plan for Mariner pipeline
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Roundup: U.S. Steel to idle Gary Works coke plant, displacing 300; Drager plans to close local operation and lay off 150; more
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates