Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt offense eyes healthy balance
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Elizabeth Forward school board hears money issues
- Mezzo might be the youngest in Sienna Mercato family, but it earns identity
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- West Mifflin inches closer to fix for collapsed culvert
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- McKeesport Area’s fitness efforts recognized
- Ticket Picks: Boz Scaggs in Homestead and Kevin James at Heinz Hall
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Elementary school students learn to prevent bullying