Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- White House domestic staff share stories in ‘The Residence’
- Review: Bruce DeSilva delivers another outstanding mystery
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Only 3 wolves left at national park on Lake Superior; moose population would skyrocket
- 5 years on, empty graves, full hearts for Gulf survivors
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Turrentine tribute features fine play