Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins lineup
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Outdoors notebook: Recruitment campaign fails in first year
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC