Beaver community college looking at Butler school as possible merger partner
Butler County Community College will decide in a month or so whether to look at a merger proposal from the community college in neighboring Beaver County, the president of the Butler school said Thursday.
The board of the Community College of Beaver County voted recently to have President Joe Forrester talk to the Butler college's board of trustees about merger, said BCCC President Nicholas Neupauer.
Neupauer added that the Beaver board is “investigating a lot of different options to continue down the path of longevity, sustainability and success.”
Neupauer said his board's first decision would be to determine whether it would be interested in exploring a merger.
Forrester and several CCBC board members could not be reached Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- 1 killed, several hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Bush Center displays rare Honus Wagner baseball card
- Plum officials reassess equipment policy after sexual assault case
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- Indonesia plane crash death toll 141 as search effort ends
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides