Porch roof collapse in Shadyside displaces 15 people
Fifteen people were displaced Thursday after a porch roof collapsed in Shadyside, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
There were no injuries reported in the collapse that occurred around 4:30 p.m. at Elmer and Bellefonte streets. The debris spilled onto a second building, dispatchers said.
Pittsburgh Bureau of Building Inspections investigators examined the structures and decided the residents should be evacuated.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging