Porch roof collapse in Shadyside displaces 15 people
Fifteen people were displaced Thursday after a porch roof collapsed in Shadyside, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
There were no injuries reported in the collapse that occurred around 4:30 p.m. at Elmer and Bellefonte streets. The debris spilled onto a second building, dispatchers said.
Pittsburgh Bureau of Building Inspections investigators examined the structures and decided the residents should be evacuated.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Marshals find suspect in fatal Mercer County shooting in Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Mellon expert to school Congress on security
- Kelly Clarkson to play First Niagara Pavilion on July 19
- Profit increases 12% at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona