Campaign banner removed from Cathedral of Learning
University of Pittsburgh police have removed a campaign banner that was hung from the Cathedral of Learning on Friday afternoon, university spokesman John Fedele said.
A group calling itself “Students for Peduto” unfurled what it called a 60-foot-long banner reading, “Pitt 4 Peduto,” the organization said in an email to the media. The group says it is supporting City Councilman Bill Peduto in his campaign for the mayoral nomination in the Democratic prirmary. The email also contained reasons the group supports Peduto and not Jack Wagner. Other candidates are not mentioned in the email.
Fedele said Pitt police found no one with the banner and are investigating. He said police will complete their investigation before deciding if criminal charges are warranted or if anyone should face the school's Judicial Board of Conduct.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Playoff experience pays off for Kittanning in preliminary round win over Elizabeth Forward
- High school roundup: Derry volleyball downs Brownsville in prelminary round
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- CMU spinoff’s CEO gets council honors
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying
- Market sell-off offers opening
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail