Campaign banner removed from Cathedral of Learning
University of Pittsburgh police have removed a campaign banner that was hung from the Cathedral of Learning on Friday afternoon, university spokesman John Fedele said.
A group calling itself “Students for Peduto” unfurled what it called a 60-foot-long banner reading, “Pitt 4 Peduto,” the organization said in an email to the media. The group says it is supporting City Councilman Bill Peduto in his campaign for the mayoral nomination in the Democratic prirmary. The email also contained reasons the group supports Peduto and not Jack Wagner. Other candidates are not mentioned in the email.
Fedele said Pitt police found no one with the banner and are investigating. He said police will complete their investigation before deciding if criminal charges are warranted or if anyone should face the school's Judicial Board of Conduct.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Real American excellence
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute