Campaign banner removed from Cathedral of Learning
University of Pittsburgh police have removed a campaign banner that was hung from the Cathedral of Learning on Friday afternoon, university spokesman John Fedele said.
A group calling itself “Students for Peduto” unfurled what it called a 60-foot-long banner reading, “Pitt 4 Peduto,” the organization said in an email to the media. The group says it is supporting City Councilman Bill Peduto in his campaign for the mayoral nomination in the Democratic prirmary. The email also contained reasons the group supports Peduto and not Jack Wagner. Other candidates are not mentioned in the email.
Fedele said Pitt police found no one with the banner and are investigating. He said police will complete their investigation before deciding if criminal charges are warranted or if anyone should face the school's Judicial Board of Conduct.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Former athletes open businesses
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse