Campaign banner removed from Cathedral of Learning
University of Pittsburgh police have removed a campaign banner that was hung from the Cathedral of Learning on Friday afternoon, university spokesman John Fedele said.
A group calling itself “Students for Peduto” unfurled what it called a 60-foot-long banner reading, “Pitt 4 Peduto,” the organization said in an email to the media. The group says it is supporting City Councilman Bill Peduto in his campaign for the mayoral nomination in the Democratic prirmary. The email also contained reasons the group supports Peduto and not Jack Wagner. Other candidates are not mentioned in the email.
Fedele said Pitt police found no one with the banner and are investigating. He said police will complete their investigation before deciding if criminal charges are warranted or if anyone should face the school's Judicial Board of Conduct.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former star LB Harrison; Tomlin talks ‘different climate’
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Pittsburgh teacher accused of choking, pushing student acquitted
- Experts weighing in on how to fight Pa.’s heroin problem
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, wrecking 1
- Cranberry police trying to ID repeat burglary suspect
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Braves
- West Virginia notebook: Holgorsen likes energy level as Mountaineers head into bye week
- Attorney general rejects Tribune-Review request for ‘racy’ emails
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- 3 face charges for drugs, weapons after arrest in North Huntingdon